Applications are invited from Indian Nationals working in any of the North-Eastern States of India for the award of Biotechnology National Associateship (2012-2013) under the special programme for the Northeast for conducting research or training in National Institutions / research laboratories in different areas of biotechnology such as (i) agriculture, food and feed biotechnology; (ii) animal biotechnology; (iii) aquaculture and marine biotechnology; (iv) food and nutrition; (v) environmental biotechnology and Bioresource (vi) industrial biotechnology : materials biotechnology, reaction and process design; (vii) medical biotechnology; (viii) nano – biotechnology and bioengineering; (ix) bioinformatics and IT-enabled biotechnology; (x) intellectual property and patent law.
Applicants possessing a PhD in the area of bioscience and biotechnology, or a MD degree with a good record of research contribution in the field of research are eligible to apply. Candidates with Mv.Sc., M. Tech., M.Pharm. with minimum 2 years experience are also eligible. They should hold regular/ permanent positions in Government recognized research and academic institutions / universities located in any of the North Eastern States (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura) working continuously for the last two years and should be actively engaged in biotechnology or related R&D work. Applications from persons working on temporary positions (eg. research fellows or associates etc.) will not be considered. Preference will be given to candidates who are permanent residents of any of the northeastern states.
Details of the award:
Two categories of Associateships, namely, Long-term and Short-term Associateships are awarded.
• Duration : one year
• Entitlements : (a) Monthly Associateship amount @ Rs.30,000 pm; (b) Preparatory allowance of Rs. 10,000/- (one time grant); (c) Cost of air passage in economy class by Air India and/orAC2T train fare for joining the National laboratory and back.
• Age limit : not exceeding 40 years as on 31.12.2011.
• Duration : three months or six months.
• Entitlements : (a) Monthly Associateship amount @ Rs. 30,000. pm; (b) Preparatory allowance of Rs. 7,000/- (one time grant); (c) Cost of air passage in economy class by Air India and/orAC2T train fare for joining the National laboratory and back.
• Age limit : not exceeding 50 years as on 31.12.2011.
The Institutions where training would be provided would be given a bench grant of Rs.1.0 lac per candidate for short term training (3 months or 6 months) and Rs. 2.0 lacs per candidate for long term training.
The host Institution would be expected to provide hostel accommodation to the visiting scholars. The DBT would compensate the Institution by paying the requisite hostel fees. Alternatively, if the scholar makes his/her own arrangements, he/she would be paid House Rent Allowance as per entitlement.
The Selected candidates may receive the payment of salary and continuance of other service benefits by the Institutions to which they belong. The DBT may provide for employment of a substitute at the minimum salary & allowances, during the period of absence of the selected candidate
Hosting institute where the candidate is going to work would be given institutional overheads and other requirements if any other than bench fee as stated above. This has to be included in the application with justification.
Selected candidates shall be required to execute a Service Bond to serve in the North-Eastern Region of India after completion of the training for a period of one year for short term and two years for long term trainees.
Last date for receiving applications:
Candidates should submit their application through proper channel (only one hard copy) as per the format which is available at http://www.dbt.india.gov.in and http://www.btisnet.gov.in/nenas.htm to Dr. B.L. Jailkhani (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Consultant, North Eastern Region-Biotechnology Program Management Cell (NER-BPMC), A-254, Bhisham Pitama Marg, Defence Colony, New Delhi-110024 by 15th February 2012. Dr. T. Madhan Mohan (email@example.com), Adviser, DBT may be contacted for any clarification. A softcopy of the application also to be sent through email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION PROFORMA FOR THE BIOTECHNOLOGY NATIONAL ASSOCIATESHIP UNDER THE SPECIAL PROGRAMME FOR THE NORTHEAST: 2012-13
(1) Category of the Associateship applied for (Long-term or Short-term)
(2) In the case of Short-term Associateship, duration of the Associateship applied for
(a) Three months
(b) Six months
(3) Applicant’s Name (in full), Designation and Institutional Address (with telephone (office/residence/mobile); fax and e-mail)
(4) Father’s/Husband’s name (in full)
(5) Date and Place of Birth and Age (as on 31st December, 2011)
[Please enclose a certificate of age]
(6) Are you a permanent resident of any of the States of the Northeastern Region? [If yes, enclose a certificate to that effect.]
(7) Date of superannuation
(8) Academic Qualifications (degree onwards with year, name of the institution, subjects of specialization and distinctions, if any)
(9) Details of the nature and duration of the present and past employment (chronological order)
(10) Particulars of current research work (not exceeding one page)
(11) Particulars pertaining to students guided (if any) and the titles of the thesis submitted
(12) Research publications in indexed journals during the last five years (enclose a list and attach reprints of 3 research papers which you consider the best). Mention Journal Impact factor for each
(13) Details of the proposed subject of the research/training and its relevance to national/regional needs as well as the plans and programmes of the parent institute. The objectives should be clearly stated. The proposal should be comprehensive and it should not exceed 2 pages.
(14) Proposed National host institution for availing the associateship (not more than three institutions should be mentioned; indicate whether the consent of host institution has been obtained and if yes, enclose a copy )
[Note : Consent from the host institution will be given additional weightage]
(15) Details of past National/ overseas training visits (mention the Institutions/country(ies) visited, purpose, year and the duration with dates)
(16) Have you been previously selected for any Associateship award (National/Overseas) of DBT? If so give details and also attach a brief account of the research conducted along with the comments of the supervisor
(17) Particulars of R&D Projects sanctioned by DBT or other agencies (only ongoing), if any
(18) Particulars of experience of handling any infrastructure project sanctioned by DBT
(19) Priority area of the proposed research/training
Date Signature of the Candidate
STATEMENT FROM THE PRESENT EMPLOYER
Dr. ………………………………. if selected for the award of the Associateship, as per the terms and conditions of the award, shall be granted deputation leave for availing the Associateship. It is also stated that, he/she is a regular/permanent employee of this institution/university.
Place & Date Signature & Seal of the Head of the Institution
(1) The onus of corresponding with the National host institution for placement rests with the candidates.
(2) Only such applications as are forwarded by the head of the institution/organization shall be considered for selection for the award of the associateship. The applicants are, therefore, advised to ensure that their applications should reach to the North Eastern Region-Biotechnology Programme Management Cell (NER-BPMC), A-254, Bhisham Pitama Marg, Defence Colony, New Delhi-110024 on or before the closing date through proper channel.
(3) All the applicants will be informed about the result of selection in due course and therefore, no interim queries in this regard will be entertained.
(4) Canvassing in any form will invite disqualification.