GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level test for admission in M.Tech/Phd and other Governmental Scholarship/Assistantship in the field of Engineering and Technology. IIT Guwahati,the conducting body of GATE 2018.The exam is conducted annually by IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on a rotational basis. In the examination the candidate can choose any one out of 23 paper listed in the table given below. Candidates are expected to appear in the paper appropriate in the discipline of their applying degree. However the candidates are expected to appear in any paper according to the admission plan.
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2018 exam:
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology 4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in final year of such plan.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Architecture and those who are in final year of such program.
- Bachelor’s degree holder of Four year program in Science, and those who are in final year of such program.
- Master’s degree holder in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four year Integrated Master’s Degree in B.Sc in Engineering and Technology or those who are in second or higher year of such program.
- Holders of five year Integrated Master’s degree or dual degree in Engineering/ Technology and those are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holder’s of five year M.Sc or five year B.Sc degree and those who are in final year of such program.
- Candidates with qualification obtained through examination conducted by professional societies recognized by by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.