Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2018, is an examination on comprehensive understanding of candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post graduate subject in science. GATE is administered jointly by Indian Institute of Sciences IISc,Bangalore and seven Indian Institute of Technology IIT(Bombay,Delhi, Guwahti,Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee).
All you need to know about GATE 2018
- IIT Guwahati is the organising institute for GATE 2018.
- This year the exam is scheduled on 3,4,10 and 11 February.
- GATE 2018 will be conducted on 23 subjects and computer based test(CBT).
- A candidates can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination
- Examination for some of the paper in GATE 2018 may be held in multiple sessions. However, a candidate can appear for the examination in one session only.
- The admit card GATE 2018 would be available only on GOAPS website. Candidates can download their admit cards from website. Candidates can be noted that no printed copy of admit card will be posted to candidates.
- The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of candidates in a particular subject, which is quantified based on several years of examination data.
During the online exam, the candidate will be given a computer, with questions being displayed randomly on the screen. The candidate must select the right answer for the questions for MCQs, while for the numerical type of questions, the candidate has to enter the numerical answer by using the mouse on a virtual keyboard. The GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website opened on August 31 for candidates to enrol, fill, and submit their applications. The last date to submit the online application was October 9, 2017 (8:00 p.m). Keep reading to learn in detail the exam pattern of GATE 2018. Last year, IIT Roorkee conducted Graduate Aptitude Test Examination gate in online mode of 23 papers. Two types of questions are asked in GATE in multiple choice questions and numerical answer type.