Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE 2019 is a national level entrance examination for admission into post graduate program of top engineering institutes in the country, including IITs or IISc every year on rotation basis. The GATE score remains valid for 3 years and is considered by Public Sector Undertakings, and other governmental organization for the recruitment procedure as well. Almost a million students appear for GATE every year.
GATE is a national level entrance examination for admission to PG courses in the field of Engineering and Technology. It stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Through GATE score candidates can get admission into M.Tech/PhD programmed into IITs,`IISCs, IISERs, and other reputed institutions. Every year GATE is organized on rotational basis by seven zonal IITs and IISCs, Apart from granting admissions the score of GATE exam is also considered as one of the criteria for recruitment to government and private organization working in Technical field.
Exam Pattern GATE 2019
- GATE 2019 is held for 23 papers.
- Candidates are allowed to appear in only one of 23 papers.
- The examination duration will be 3 hours
- The examination mode will be online by CBT.
- Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks will be asked in GATE 2019
- Multiple choice questions and numerical answers type questions will appear in GATE examination.
- For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT.
- Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
- Section common in all GATE papers, General Aptitude section is common in all papers.
- It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
- In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2018.
- MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 and 2 marks in all papers.