Candidates are required to apply in online mode. Registration usually starts from the first week of Sep. and will end by Oct. Thus application process will continue till a month. Thus, those who are looking to apply for examination need to make use of online facility using GOAP or GATE Pattern online application processing system. During the initial stage, candidates have to register as a new user, and after successful registration is done get access to the GOAP. After this sign in as GOAP enrollment address and password.
Once the application form is filled then you need to upload the signature, scanned photograph degree certificate, category certificate as well as thumb impression. The examination is meant for international candidates as well as exam commences in countries like Ethiopia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, and United Arab Emirates. However, application process will be same for international and national candidates.
GATE Pattern 2019
- Name the course provided: M.Tech /Ph.D Programme in IISC, IITs, and to other institutions
- Number of papers:There will be overall 23 papers. Candidates needed to appear in just one paper out of 23 papers
- Mode of exam: The examination will appear in CBT
- Exam duration: Candidates are required to complete the exam within three hours duration number of question. There will be 65 questions out of 100
- Type of question: Question paper will have questions in Multiple Choice Questions format. There will be 4 questions and one has to choose one out of 4
- New Sections: In paper XE new section H which means atmospheric and oceanic sciences added from 2018.
- Mark Scheme: NAT and MCQ questions consisted of 1 or 2 marks in all papers
- Negative Marking: There will be provision for negative marking of 1/3 marks for those questions carrying 1 mark. However, the questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. There will be no negative marking for various Numerical Answer Type questions.